1950's dior inspired Suzy Perette yellow polka dot dress
vintage 1950's dress ...dior inspired Suzy Perette New York yellow polka dot cotton full double skirt dress
The Suzy Perette New York label brought Parisian designs to the U.S. in the 1950s. Suzy was not an actual well-read, well-travelled, brilliant, beautiful woman with insane couture style; no, Suzy Perette New York (although it certainly invoked visions of a beautiful, big city gal with insane couture style) was actually a registered trademark of Lombardy Dress (founded as Lombardy Frocks in 1930) and was first used in commerce in 1946.
The company was started by Max Blauner, and later Sidney Blauner acquired the right to incorporate Dior’s notions into dresses that retailed in the United States under the Suzy Perette label; you know, because Suzy loved Parisian Couture! ;) And really, 98% of the dresses we've carried with this label have come very close (as close as you can come with production, at least) to the quality, detail, and craftsmanship of couture dresses from the same era.
We've carried hundreds of Suzy Perette dresses (and have lots more in our current inventory) but this is up there probably in the top five... we've had her in a light blue and a taupe, too. First, this classic pin-up polka dot in the best yellow high quality cotton sateen; omg. Her full skirt, neckline, and more; read on to find out more... an ambitious one, she is.
- classic dior inspired dramatic silhouette
- fitted bodice with buttons up the front
- fabulous convertible shawl collar can be worn like a basic portrait style collar; but why would you do that when you can tie her self-ties fastened on the front at the perfect position to pull her snugly around your shoulders ala shrug-style; omg!
- and then she has a basic full skirt; but wait, with another overskirt in the same beautiful fabric at the back!
- not enough skirt for you? good because she's got another super full woven crinoline layer
- and if that's too much skirt for you, not to worry because she's cinched at the waist with her very own wide self-belt and fitted and finished smoothly around the hips
- her bodice is lined in a cotton muslin
- zips up to the waist with a metal zipper and secures nicely with a series of other buttons, snaps, and hooks
Measurements given are ''actual'' measurements of the item taken from the outside of the garment. Please consider your individual comfort and compare measurements accordingly. For more information regarding our sizing, or measurement process please review our
bust-38", waist-30" (self-belt to cinch if needed), length-47"
Excellent-very good- she looks like she was hardly worn; maybe 1x? Her fabric has not gone through any laundering process and is as bright as new. She does have a few minor small spots that we haven't tried lifting as of this description but we may give it a try as they appear to be inconsequential and possibly easy lifts? Please see photos. Price currently adjusted accordingly but if we have time to lift the tiny faints spots she will again, be adjusted accordingly. ;)
We are happy to provide a layaway service to our customers. If interested, please review our LAYAWAY TERMS & INSTRUCTIONS .
Please review our SALES & RETURNS POLICY prior to purchase.
We’re here to help and any questions can be directed to us via the email link provided on every page. We will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.