rare 1950's Elizabeth Arden sculptural floral dress
vintage 1950's dress ...beautiful rare Elizabeth Arden New York sculptural floral cocktail party dress
sooo much better in person... sculptural couture level design; but what else would you expect from elizabeth arden during the time this dress was made? with designers like charles james, ferdinando sarmi, and oscar de la renta designing for her during the 1940's through the 1960's, designs coming out of her house with this particular label are anything but ordinary... read on to see what i mean~
- beautiful sculptural silhouette composed of a simple bodice juxtaposed with a dramatic skirt
- the side wrap-a-around part of her skirt is not attached, but cut as one with the rest of her skirt; as in one continuous, fabulously draped, marvel of fashion genius. i'm literally at a loss for words in trying to describe it. i'll try to add more photos later if it's still available. wow.
- as previously mentioned, her bodice is left deceptively simple as she has well placed stays in a "v" like formation on each side ensuring that she retains a clean, sharp silhouette straight-on, while leaving her front au naturale for that lovely "spillage" effect marilyn made so glamorous
- lined in both an organdy and a muslin for structure
- her wrap around skirt is finished with a bow that hooks and snaps in place
- she closes with a back metal zipper
Measurements given are ''actual'' measurements of the item taken from the outside of the garment. Please consider your individual comfort and compare measurements accordingly. For more information regarding our sizing, or measurement process please review our
bust-35", waist-31" (she was let out at the waist), hips-50"+, length of skirt from waist-about 26", bodice- at side seam 8.75", front 11.5
Very good. She has some evidence of having had alterations, most notably being let out at the waist and possibly being taken in at the back zipper. She's missing a snap on one side of her bow. And it's really hard to tell, but there may be a very slight variance of shade in a few of the background white areas of her print? Price adjusted accordingly.
If you need more information and/or photos in regard to condition, we will be happy to provide them to you prior to purchase.
We are happy to provide a layaway service to our customers. If interested, please review our LAYAWAY TERMS & INSTRUCTIONS .
Please review our SALES & RETURNS POLICY prior to purchase.
We’re here to help and any questions can be directed to us via the email link provided on every page. We will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.