1940's Jeanne Barrie steel blue dress & jacket
rare late 1940's dress ...dramatic double petal bust Jeanne Barrie New York steel blue taffeta and velvet dress and bolero jacket
Jeanne Barrie New York was a popular fashion label during the 1940's with ads found in Vogue and Life magazines as well as newspapers across the country. Jeanne Barrie designs are often included in "Best of Fashion" collections from the late 1930's through the 1940's. This is definitely a rare find as I've not come across any "Jeanne" Barrie dresses post 1949, or possibly 1950 at the latest.
- classic silhouette with a fitted bodice and a full skirt
- beautiful details throughout beginning with her double petal bust done with a luxurious periwinkle velvet juxtaposed with her striking steel blue swishy taffeta which can be worn up, or down as shown
- velvet trim circles her skirt with rows of encased tufting for rich texture
- her bolero jacket is subtly shaped by simple pleats at her side seams
- she has two original matching belts; one in her steel blue taffeta and the other in periwinkle velvet with metal tips
- side metal zipper
Measurements given are ''actual'' measurements of the item taken from the outside of the garment. Please consider your individual comfort and compare measurements accordingly. For more information regarding our sizing, or measurement process please review our
dress, bust-34", waist-26"(to a taut 27"), length-46 1/2"
Very good with likely very light wear as her cardboard tag is still attached to the inside of her jacket. Some minor notes most likely caused from handling, rather than wear: tiny hole by the right seam of her jacket, pin point hole on skirt, and small light spot. Price adjusted accordingly.
We are happy to provide a layaway service to our customers. If interested, please review our LAYAWAY TERMS & INSTRUCTIONS .
Please review our SALES & RETURNS POLICY prior to purchase.
We’re here to help and any questions can be directed to us via the email link provided on every page. We will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours.